Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Some yums.

Spicy Tempeh and Broccoli Rabe with Rotelle, from Veganomicon! This was SO good and simple to make. I had some Broccoli Rabe in the freezer, leftover from the end of my summer CSA share and I've been putting off using it. Turns out Nik isn't a fan of the Rabe, so that makes it difficult to incorporate into dinners for the two of us. But yeah, this is wayy yum and I will definitely be making this again soon.

Lentils with rice and carmelized onions and carrots with spiced and baked tortillas in the background. I made this super-spicy and it was a yummy winner in the dinner department. I had two leftover soft tortillas left that I brushed with olive oil and spiced up. Nik ate them all.



Picked up our February CSA share on saturday. It was a big one! I especially enjoy the giant sweet potatoes, the dried beans, and the walnuts! Nik and I both hate beets though! Help! what can we make that will hide that dirt taste that I hate! I've tried roasting them and spicing the hell out of them and eating them raw (BLECH). Gazborsch kinda scares me...



I made the BEST wheat buns on sunday. They were so easy! I used 3 cups of whole wheat flour and 2 cups white flour. They turned out a little small, so I just made matching 'lil black bean burgers (recipe from Veganomicon). Slap some mashed guac on top and mmm.

before going in oven:

After. Served with shredded green and purple cabbage, carrots, and green apples in an olive oil/apple cider vinegar/sea salt/pepper/thyme dressing.

5 comments:

  1. Although I just had breakfast I got hungry again just by looking at your pictures. I need to get me some temphe now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been dying to make that V'Con pasta dish- yours looks divine! So do the lentils and onions, yummm.

    I love beets so I wouldn't have an issue with using them up, but borscht might be the best bet... if not, slice them really super thin, cover them with balsamic and evoo and salt and pepper, and roast them a really long time till they are super chewy and crispy. They taste different and go well in big salads.

    Or maybe trade them with a friend for something you do like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. everything look so good! i've been meaning to try that tempeh recipe from vcon, but there's no way i'm finding broccoli rabe in west virginia. i suppose i could just use regular old broccoli. your burgers n buns look so nice, too! and your csa, omg. i will take ALL of your beets! i made a roasted beet/carrot/beet green salad with loads of salt and vinegar a few weeks ago that was tasty. there's a recipe for it on my blog somewhere. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a beet fan either, but I've challenged myself to try them in this smoothie recipe - http://vitamix.ahoy.com/recipe/recipe.cgi/0/208/ - I'm hoping to find some at the grocery store today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. all of it looks so good, i am practically salivating on everything...

    ReplyDelete