Monday, March 17, 2008

***GRAPHIC POST***

Cajun tofu salad with Goddess dressing (tofu and dressing both from Yellow Rose Recipes)

Nut case cookies, from My Sweet Vegan!! These were really yummy, even though I totally bastardized the recipe. I super-proteined it up. I ran out of regular flour, so I used Chickpea flour and I had a mega-mix of nuts, seeds, and dried fruit, so I dumped that in.

I spent most of sunday making this stew and biscuits. I also tried those steamed seitan sausages that have been floating around the interweb lately. Mine were waaaaay too wet. Not sure what happened, but i compensated with more flour, so i had some really bready seitan on my hands. Ah well. Still good. The stew has red potatoes, corn, carmelized onion, garlic, broccoli, carrots, spinach, and a whole lot of spices (mostly pepper and tarragon). I cooked it forever in two pots and it came out really well. Total comfort food. The biscuits are from YRR.

No comments:

Post a Comment