Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Yeah, I like pet worms

So I haven't had a chance to scan that painting yet, as it's been rainy and gross here and I don't want to chance taking it outside to bring to work and scan. Hopefully it will be nice out tomorrow and I can bring it.

I've been up to my ears in planters! I almost had a crisis when Home Depot ran out of the terracotta planters and the sales associate was real lame about telling me when the next shipment would come in. I scoured the flower shops of Greenpoint looking for planters and managed to find 6 and this cute little lady's shop. Thankfully, Home Depot restocked today so I bought a big supply (now to get them home without breaking any...hmm). People like cuteycakes. :)

I do have a drawing I have been working on to show though! I have had a thing for fat 'lil birds lately. I think it is because of all the twitterpated boy birds I've seen outside, chasing after the girl birds, with their chests all puffed up. I'm not quite done with this image yet; I think I want to do an antiqued version with sepia-colored lines on a yellowed watercolor wash. Anyways, pet worms make me smile.

1 comment:

  1. Very charming bird family--and the pet worm too!
    Smiles, Karen

    ReplyDelete