Tuesday, October 20, 2009

VeganMoFo Day 20-Breakfast for dinner!





Breakfast for dinner is, like, the best thing ever. Tempeh scramble and some carmelized onions and roasted butternut squash(instead of taters) were on this yummy plate. This is the first time I think I really liked butternut squash. I don't usually peel and cube before roasting though, so I think that made all the difference. Total pain, but worth it! I almost made pancakes for dinner, but I had all of these veggies that needed to be used up. Another night perhaps. Hooray for scrambles!


5 comments:

  1. I always love breakfast for dinner, wish my partner felt the same way! The tempeh scramble looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all about breakfast for dinner, and pretty much any meal that necessitates the use of toast. I LOVE tofu scramble, but have never tried with tempeh. I'm intrigued... I mean, with caramelized onions, how can it be bad?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally tried to make brinner on Sunday! Unlike your beautiful scramble here, it was a total disaster. :( I still ate it though! :D

    I haven't made a good scramble in a while. I should get up on that. I also do not like butternut squash; maybe I should give the peeling and cubing a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hooray indeed! scrambies are the best! i usually have tofu so i'll have to try this tempeh style

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breakfast for dinner looks great! Awesome idea to use tempeh instead of tofu in the scramble. I'll have to give that a try. :-)

    ReplyDelete