Saturday, October 17, 2009

VeganMoFo Day 17: Eggplant Parm!





hello! I missed a day yesterday, but that's okay. Blogging on the weekends is extra, so it totally evens out. I went to see Where the Wild Things Are last night and have been listening to the stream of the soundtrack all day. Soo good! I wanna build a fort! I super-loved it and had a stupid smile on my face the whole movie I think. It was so pretty too.

Anyways, eggplant parm! It's a favorite, but I don't make it that often 'cause it tends to use a bazillion dishes to make it. And Nik is a hater when it comes to eggplant (!!), and hates veggies in his marinara (I know! hater!) I just did a simple breading with flour + spices for this, and baked them in the oven, drizzled with olive oil, 'til tender. Combine with marinara sauce in casserole dish and baked again, with Teese shredded on top for another 20-30 minutes. It was super-tender and crunchy (from the breading) in parts. Yum!

Are you guys ready for Iron Chef tomorrow?? Lemon and Ginger are the two ingredients and there is still time to get yours in!

3 comments:

  1. let the haters hate: i love eggplant and marinara yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fab! I always thought it would be hard... but you make it sound not hard! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete