Tuesday, October 11, 2011

VeganMoFo: Graham Cake


Her specialty is vegan chocolate cake!

Baker Kitty is for sale here
Medium: Watercolor on heavy Arches paper
Size: Approximately 5"x7" (image size is 4"x6")
Will fit in 5"x7" frame! Signed on back.
Note: I am doing a painting-a-day challenge for VeganMoFo, and will be creating a new painting of rescue animals or vegan food throughout the month of October, and placing them for sale. All proceeds (minus shipping) will be donated to For the Animals Sanctuary, because they are a pretty super-great non-profit animal rescue and sanctuary, in Blairstown NJ, and are vegan owned and operated. Feeding, housing, and taking care of these animals costs a lot of money, and as a non-profit organization, they rely entirely on donations. Hopefully (with your help!), I'll be able to make a size-able donation at the end of the month!  You can check out all the paintings I have created so far that are still for sale here! 



So, um, I've been snacking on this amaazingly beautiful cake for the last few days, and I'm getting a little sad that it's almost gone.  This is the Graham Cracker Cake, from Celine and Joni's Hearty Vegan, and oh my goodness is it yummy.  A nice graham cracker flavored cake with chocolate chips speckled throughout, and topped with a whole lot of roasted marshmallow-y gooeyness (I used Dandies).  This would be an excellent cake to bring along and impress people at a picnic or potluck.

Melty mmmm...



11 comments:

  1. WOAH!!! That looks awesome, wish you could send me a slice.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gaaaah that looks amazing! I love Baker Kitty too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeep the kitty is TOO cute! The cake looks pretty damned awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad I came here this morning because I just saw Baker Kitty and knew she belonged with me so I bought her <3

    That cake with marshmallow topping looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have bought dandies but I have only used them for rice krispie treats, I had no idea they browned and puffed up so nicely! I have to get this books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummmmm WOW. This book is going to the top of my wish list!

    Also, I love your artwork!!! I'm still debating what to get at your shop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh! Baker Kitty is a vegan! what a good kitty! :D

    sydsense.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for all the sweet comments! I'm glad Baker Kitty has a new home now. <3

    ReplyDelete