Sunday, April 13, 2014

Birthday Adventures




Hello! Nik and I went on a little adventure yesterday, birthday adventures to be exact! We took the tram (!) over to Roosevelt Island, and spent a few hours wandering the island. It's mostly residential with parks, and an abandoned, kinda-spooky old smallpox hospital. Fun! Spring finally showed it's face, so it was nice soaking up some sunshine. 

Nik took me to Hangawi for dinner afterwards, and we splurged for the Emperor's Tasting Menu. Insanity! Course after course came out and it was so fun. It's not a super-fancy place, but they have so many subtle, nice touches to everything and the food was just so PRETTY (and super-delicious!) He, of course, embarrassed me by having the staff come out and sing "happy birthday" to me, complete with a big gong. My face was bright red and the whole restaurant was singing, clapping, and staring. Just wait until his birthday, I say...



Queens
Obligatory selfie on the tram crossing over to the island.

Pretty floating candles outside Hangawi


Pretty chocolate-y things from Lagusta's Luscious that Nik got me. Berry box is ceramic!


Birthday brunch. 







1 comment:

  1. Awww, yay! What a wonderful birthday! I can't believe I haven't made it to Hangwai yet, next time!

    ReplyDelete