Dudes, this year was awesome. Like, really-super-mega-awesome! I love this time of year when there is a general hopefulness and positive energy buzzing around everyone. Bringing in the new year is pretty darn inspiring!
I made this post one year ago today, of my goals and resolutions for 2010, and I think I did a pretty good job taking care of business! Lemmesee:
- I quit my Day job! This was probably one of the biggest thing on the list, and I haven't looked back! Working for myself has it's own challenges, but nothing beats being your own boss and getting to do what you love for a living. Warm fuzzies!!
- I went to Peru and hiked Machu Picchu! This was one of the most amazing trips of my life and something I will never, ever forget.
- I didn't get to write my own book and illustrate it this year, but I did do illustrations for two books written by other people! The first one was for the lovely Melisser and her book, The Vegan Girl's Guide to Life. The second one was recently done for a client who was planning on proposing to his girlfriend in an illustrated children's book about their relationship (she said yes!!)
- I went to Portland, Maine on vacation with Nik! We had a great time! See? And see?
- I made a lot of yummy food! See? I even did some recipe testing for Celine and Joni. Yum! Nom! Yeah food porn! Mmm! Mini is the best.
- Nik and I went to the county fair in Troy, PA. Good times!
- I participated in a whole lot of craft fairs this past holiday season. Tiring and made me SUPER busy, but I learned so much and met so many great people.
- I made a ton of art this year!
- Saw Underworld and Massive Attack in concert! (not together)