Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!




Happy New Year everyone! Today was a great day for the new year. Nik and I went out to dinner last night and stayed local at a bar nearby to ring in the new year. So much fun! I slept in superrrrr late today and made a fabulous brunch of chocolate chip pancakes and a tasty smoothie (1 frozen banana + 9 frozen strawberries + 1 orange + 2 tbs. of pineapple juice concentrate + a couple tsp. of flax seed + enough soy milk and cold water to fill 3/4 of the mixture in the blender=the PERFECT amount for two people. mmm). I spent most of the day making Isa Pizza, from VWAV. I made my own dough, pesto, cashew ricotta, and pizza sauce ALL in the new vita-mix. Fantastic! I like how it keeps dishes to a minimum too. And I've never had a good enough blender to make pizza before! So exciting! And it makes it in like 2 seconds! Okay, I'll stop talking about it now. I'm sure the novelty of it will wear off soon (no it won't.) I used the new pizza stone and it made some to-die for pizza. Nik proclaimed this "the best pizza ever." nom nom.





I've been painting most of the night, so I shall have some new goodies to scan in and share with everyone tomorrow! Happy night!

1 comment:

  1. Happy NY! Your pizza sounds delish, I need to find out how to make cashew ricotta!

    Lookin' fwd to your new creations!

    ReplyDelete