Sunday, December 13, 2009

Chocolates and tester recipes

Nik and I recently got to check out the new vegan chocolate cafe, and we picked up a few select chocolates. This was a few weeks ago, so I only slightly remember the names of each, but here goes nothing:

Peanut Butter (Nik tried this one and didn't like it; said it was dry)

Chocolate covered edamame (was my favorite)

Jasmine (It was okay, nothing special)

goji berry and vegan bacon (disgusting! I spit it out! I NEVER spit out chocolate!)

So, alas, although pretty, I think they need to iron out their flavors a bit more before I would go back. I did get a few more flavors, not photographed, and I don't even remember what they were. I did pick up some of their spicy hot cocoa mix and this stuff is AMAZING! Super-spicy and flavorful, you only need a little bit. Hot cocoa is the best.


Here's some tester food from Celine and Joni's last book of Vegan Subsitutions.

Spring Rolls

Butternut Lentil Burger

2 comments:

  1. Those chocolates do at least look pretty, I must say.

    But those spring rolls look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do want to check out Cocoa V, despite the wacky flavors.

    ReplyDelete