Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Sunbathin' Asparagus

pre-oven. They totally look like they are gossiping while catching some rays right??



Red Cabbage is so pretty and purple. Why do they call it "red" again? Is that the proper name anyways? I'm too tired to look it up. I've been eating a lot of raw foods lately (brain food!); mostly in the name of giant concoctions of salads with various, eclectic ingredients, but tonight I was really sick of eating raw broccoli (oh! it tickles my throat!). I decided to make a half-cooked/half-raw dinner. I sauteed garlic, onion, red pepper, chard with some olive oil, shoyu, and basil/pepper spices, and then mixed that with steamed snow peas and broccoli. All this was put over raw red cabbage and sprinkled with a granny smith apple, avocado, cashews, and sunflower seeds. Lots of ingredients, but hello leftovers. Yum.


1 comment:

  1. Are those asparagus wearing underwear???? That is awesome in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete