Thursday, November 6, 2008

Blog-cation is over!

Okay, so I took a little blog-cation after VeganMoFo finished, but I'm back now! I got wrapped up in pre-election stress and worry and paranoia and excitement, and then have been floating on cloud-nine the last couple of days. Seriously! I don't get sick of reading/hearing about the election either. I'm just eating it up. I hung up the newspaper in my office at work and drew hearts and stars all over Obama's face, so I am constantly smiling all day. The republicans in my office just don't talk about the election at all, but the rest of us are all happy/huggy/smiley. I kind of feel like a huge weight of fear for the future has lifted off of me. Pure relief and pride of living in this country. I called my senators and reps and requested tickets for the Inauguration!! I've been stalking Megabus' site, waiting for tickets to go onsale for Jan. 20 (and hopefully they will be the minimum $2.50 roundtrip price that they do!!) Don't know where I'm staying yet, but I don't even care!

Even though I have been blog-cationing, I have been eating some yummy food in the last week:


So I agree with Herbivore Creations, and this is THE BEST mac 'n cheeze ever. Like, no joke, serious. I made it last week and have occasionally daydreamed about it this past week.

I made some YUM pumpkin-chocolate-chip ice cream in my ice cream maker the other night. Super creamy, even though it doesn't look like it. I love the combo of pumpkin and chocolate. Super-Fall time. I actually ate a fair amount of the mix before it was put in the ice cream maker, as it tasted like pure pumpkin pie. I have to make a pie soon! I'll pick up some pumpkins at the market on saturday.


I made Kale Chips for the first time and they are surprisingly DELICIOUS. The BF devoured them, which was even more surprising. Super-easy too, in fact, I'll prolly make some more tonight for the weekend. Just mix some cut-up kale with some apple-cider vinegar, olive oil, sea salt, and pepper and then bake at 400 until crispy.

I love Sweet Potato Fries so so so much. Anytime I'm in a restaurant, I always default HAVE to order them. I made the VWAV version (that added cumin is ACE), and ate it with some garlic bread and a salad of pea shoots with raw veggies and sauteed tofu. mmmm

1 comment:

  1. i love mac n cheese, i love pumpkin/chocolate combo, i love the idea of kale chips, i love sweet potato fries, and i love barack obama.

    we are in synch today!

    ReplyDelete