Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving! I spent mine sleeping in (yessss), cleaning a bit, chatting with my mom, and making a yummy dinner. Nik and I had a nice dinner and we are suuuuuper-full now.

I made Bryanna's Seitan Tofurkey roast, that was waay delicious. I made it last year and loved it, but I did the stuffing roulade variation this year and it was even better! Totally the way to go. I stuck with classic bread stuffing, just like my mom makes. Nik smashed the potatoes and added lots of garlic. I had made the cranberries last night, so they were all gelled and chilled and perfect tonight. I'm not a huge brussel sprout fan, but I think if you roast them with lots of olive oil and sea salt and garlic, they become downright addictive.

Fat-free Vegan's Pumpkin Cheesecake was for dessert. It was super-pretty looking with the layers and all that, but it was kinda meh. It wasn't very "cheesecake"-like, or pumpkin-pie-like either. Too inbetween. It was okay, but not mind-blowing like all the reviews I read would lead me to believe.

I'm all relaxed now with some Adult Swim on. Yaay good food and cartoons. :)








3 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle! I am digging your blog in an amazing way: vegan food and crafting.. who needs anything else?! Maybe i'll see you on the stairmasters at the Y. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Thanksgiving meal looks so good! Especially that seitan roulade, wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. everything looks wonderful! looking at your pictures makes me sad that we finished off the leftovers this weekend ;) i thought i was totally over thanksgiving food by now, but it turns out that a good picture of deliciousness is enough to prove me wrong!

    ReplyDelete