Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Toasted tomato sammich! (and pasta salads)


So, toasted tomato sandwiches might be my favorite summertime meal, at least breaking the top 5 (corn on the cob, breaded and fried zucchini, salted cucumbers, and fresh berries, peaches, and cantaloupe are prolly the others!)  I used to eat these all the time as a kid in the summertime, although these days it is a slightly more grown-up version. I got some amazingly awesome heirloom tomatoes in my CSA last weekend, so of course this is where they end up (note, I could prolly eat heirloom tomatoes like apples, so so so so yummy!)  Sliced tomatoes, a little smear of veganaise, all on lightly toasted whole wheat sourdough bread (also from farmer's market), and I'm a happy girl.

I have also had some fun pasta salads lately, because it's too hot to cook (blahblah) and my CSA finally took it easy with all the lettuce, so I can eat something else.  Check out these hypnosis-like radishes I got!   Also, fresh-cut peaches are amaaaaazing in pasta salad! Seriously! 







4 comments:

  1. i LOVE tomato sammiches! except sub mustard for your vegenaise. when i was a kid, it was always tomato, cheese, and mustard sandwiches, but of course they are still wonderful without the cheese now :) and your pasta salad looks fab. i want some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omgosh!! can you post the recipe for the pasta salad! That looks amazing!

    smiles,
    Jenipher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those radishes are darling. I just looked through your etsy shop - I like your art a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies!

    Jenipher: I have a pretty loose recipe for pasta salad. I made a dressing of equal parts olive oil and apple cider vinegar, lots of garlic and herbs like basil, thyme, parsley, and salt/pepper to taste. I just kinda eye it for how much pasta/veggies I have. It's a good "clean out your fridge" dish, with lots of leftover veggies that need to be used up! :)

    ReplyDelete