Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Vegan Cookie Connoisseur

Crispy Chewy Oatmeal Cookies (with choc. chips instead of raisins)


So I received The Vegan Cookie Connoiseur, by Kelly Peloza, before Xmas, but have been saving up making a post about it so I could sample some of the cookies. Lemme tell you, it's really hard to choose which ones to make! I mean, I wrote down a narrowed down list of about 20 that I had to try right off the bat.  I really like the "Cookies Inspired by Drinks" section and will soon make the Spicy Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies, the Root Beer Float Cookies, and the Mocha Cappuccino Cookies. I made the White Russian Cookies (I sadly forgot to take a picture, but they were really pretty!) for my family and they loved them. I'll probably make some Hypnosis cookies for a late holiday party I have coming up and many more different kinds in the upcoming cold months. Holy yum!  And have I mentioned the pretty photos that accompany almost every recipe??  If it wasn't hard enough already to choose which recipe to make...

PB&J Thumbprints

Caramel Apple Bars

2 comments:

  1. Those caramel apple bars are making me drool on my keyboard! And chocolate chips instead of raisins - I like how you think, my friend!

    ReplyDelete