Monday, August 29, 2011

Irene


So Hurricane Irene rolled through town this weekend, and thankfully spared my neighborhood and myself.  We didn't even have any leaks or lose power or anything.  Nik and I were pretty super nervous peeking outside every once and awhile all night, but we kept ourselves occupied with some Sons of Anarchy and some cinnamon buns that I baked (recipe from Vegan Brunch).  There were quite a few downed trees and lots of branches and leaves scattered about the next day (and it was still SUPER windy afterwards).  I've never been through a hurricane before, and it's just awful looking at some of the photos from North Carolina or other places with severe flooding and wind damage. Not something you expect, living in the Northeast, to have an earthquake AND a hurricane in the same week...







No comments:

Post a Comment