Friday, February 15, 2008

VDAY

Vday always means something completely different to me than most people. Eve Ensler helped define this day for me as the plight against violence towards women. Gruesome, I know, but I can't help it, it is forever embedded in me. Being in that play changed me (in a non-cheesy way, i swear). I honestly don't even remember how I ended up in it, but i'm extremely grateful that I did. The performance that I worked with was at RIT and consisted of both speaking and deaf performers, simultaneously performing. Being part of such a cast of amazing women was indescribable.

So yes, Vday: http://v10.vday.org/
_________________________

On a much lighter note, I made a YUM dinner/dessert for tonight. Tempeh Wingz from the Don't Eat Off the Sidewalk zine and Carrot-Coconut-Walnut-Ginger cake (Vegan with a Vengeance.)




No comments:

Post a Comment