Monday, July 9, 2012

Storm King Art Center


Last Thursday, Nik and I rented a car and drove up to the Storm King Art Center in the lower Hudson Valley, NY.  It's about an hour and a half drive north of NYC (but we were caught in traffic, of course, so it took about two hours...) We also picked a day where it was 95°F out and SUPER-humid. Ugh! It was worth all the heat and sweat though, because this place is beautiful! It's set on 500 acres of gorgeous landscape, surrounded by mountains, with amazing sculptures dotting the land. Some were surprising in their placement and it was fun to come over each oncoming hill to see what was next. Also, because it was so freaking hot out, I think we were pretty much the only people there. We rarely saw other visitors, which made the experience pretty fun. Yay no tourists! I took a billion photos, but I narrowed it down to some of my favorites. I bet that this place is absolutely gorgeous in Autumn...

We also stopped by Beacon, NY (which is about 20 minutes away from Storm King), to check out some shops. Such a cute little town! I'll definitely go back there, probably by train, and explore further (when it's not so hot, ugh!) 


This reminded me of a Praying Mantis

Lost head


He's so strong!

I got this.

Thumbs up dude.




Hey man.

Little cutie.

Mermaid boat, by Roy Lichtenstein. I was so excited to come across this!

Love, love, love! "Five Men, Seventeen Days, Fifteen Boulders, One Wall" by Andy Goldsworthy. It wound through the trees in the forest, and then diminished into the pond...

...and came out the other side of the pond...

...and continued up the hill.

Peace 


No comments:

Post a Comment