Super-yum! I made Vegetable Pancakes tonight, with a side of steamed broccoli. Mega-easy and quick. Also, more filling than they look!
(This made 4 thicker pancakes, about 5-6 inches across.)
1 1/2 cup flour
2 TBS Rice Flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
1 1/2 cup water
Any spices you want to throw in (i minced a clove a garlic, and added some ground pepper)
Chopped veggies (i used 4 small carrots, 1 leek, a bunch of scallions, and a small green pepper)
Oil for sauteeing and frying
1. Saute veggies in pan with a little oil until tender. Turn off heat and set aside.
2. Mix batter ingredients together. Should be a pouring consistancy, but not too thick.
3. Heat some oil in a small, crepe-sized pan (I use olive oil, but only because nothing else ever even comes close to being as tasty for me. Super-italian baby.) and ladle some batter in and spread evenly. Quickly sprinkle some of the veggies over top and press down with spatula.
4. Let cook for 5-ish minutes, on medium heat, until it easily slides around in pan, and then flip to cook for a few minutes more until browned and crispy.
5. Repeat with rest of batter and veggies.
Serve with dipping sauce of your choice.
Time to go watch It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!