Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Da Gunks

Last weekend, some friends and I went hiking and camping up in The Gunks. So pretty! I can't believe I've never been there before. We spent all day saturday hiking around and to the Ice Caves. Sadly, there is no actual ice in the ice caves in June, but the hike was pretty beautiful in itself. Must go back next early spring to see the ice! We went into New Paltz for a little bit for dinner and then set up camp at one of those free camping sites, near the parks.









Water! Such a pretty change from the water I'm used to seeing around NYC. Haha.

Campfires are the best.


I laid around on a big rock/cliff overlooking a gorgeous lake alllll day sunday. So relaxing!



I got out of work early today and have the day off tomorrow for the 4th of July. My lil sis is coming tomorrow night! She's taking some classes at FIT this coming month, so we'll get to do all sorts of fun things together. Hooray!

Happy belated Canada day to my Canadian friends! Happy 4th and lonnnnng fun weekends!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, gorgeous photos. Looks like y'all had a blast! So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That all looks beautiful, I love camping and that water really does look lovely.

    ReplyDelete