Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy Holiday Weekend!

Summer fruit season is the best!

I sometimes forget about holidays like the 4th of July, Memorial day, Labor Day, etc. since I work for myself.  Actually, I'm usually only aware because the Post Office will be closed and I have to plan around that.  Nik likes to work these holidays too (since his office is quiet and he can get stuff done) and he can just take a swap day for any random day off then.  Thus, I don't really celebrate these types of holidays, since I'd be celebrating by myself anyways! 

I can definitely get behind long summer weekends though, and I plan to enjoy this moderate NYC summer while it lasts.  I'm working at the shop on Governors Island this Saturday and plan to soak in the sun (and get some work done) the rest of the weekend.  

Have a sun-filled weekend!
xo,
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. wow this food looks delicious! what is it called?? x

    sydsense.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waffles! Recipe is from Vegan Brunch!

    ReplyDelete