Monday, June 2, 2008

Picture evidence of a productive weekend

This weekend was good. Focus was my friend, for a change. I have a small planter army compiled and great deal of recipe boxes made. It's funny; the boxes used to take me the longest to make and the planters the quickest, but for some reason that has reversed? Not sure why. These all still have to be varnished and I will subject myself to the fumes all in one dose tomorrow night. Better to get it all out of the way. :)

I did take a small break today and strolled through McCarren park to get some a)sunshine b)some feeling of being amongst other people c) a vegan bbq slice of pizza at Vinnies and d) to check out the new bakery where I got a cookie dough ice cream cone (!! so exciting !! Temptation!!) I also picked up two used books from some vendors on Bedford Ave.: The Girls Guide to Hunting and Fishing, by Melissa Bank, and The Time Traveler's Wife, by Audrey Niffenegger, both of which I have been wanting to read for a long time now. Quite an awesome break indeed.


Some planters before faces:

Some Recipe boxes:




I sauteed some asparagus in Earth Balance tonight and threw them on top of my awesome salad, with some homemade dill and thyme dressing. This time of year is always exciting at the Farmer's Market, as a new surprise vegetable or fruit shows up every week. Even more exciting when it is YOUR FAVORITE. Hooray for asparagus. I bought a whole bunch and will probably eat them with every meal this week. My CSA starts in a few weeks and I'm pretty excited about that (I'm excited about a lot of things today, aren't I?).


Ahh Mondays...you always arrive too quickly.

2 comments:

  1. your planters and boxes look so cute! can I ask how you make the boxes? (and vegan bbq pizza! ooooh, good choice)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    boxes=cut up pretty paper + lots of matte medium + acrylic paint + varnish

    ReplyDelete