Monday, October 29, 2012

VeganMOFO: Hurricane Sandy Muffins




Hello!  We're starting off this week with a good old-fashioned hurricane! Just kidding, there is nothing good about this. Hurricane Sandy is barreling towards the East Coast at this very moment, and NYC is shut down completely. Seriously, all the subways and busses, the New York Stock Exchange, Grand Central Station, airports, local businesses, everything. They're even shutting down the Holland and Battery tunnels this afternoon. President Obama declared a state of emergency. There was a mandatory evacuation of all Zone A residents, by the waterfronts, last night. I'm in Zone B, and Zone C technically starts across the street, so I think I'll be okay. I'm not sure I have ever seen the city this serious about a storm, and I have to admit it is making me a bit nervous. It's SUPER windy outside and we've seen a little rain. Parts of the city have already started to flood and Sandy hasn't even touched down yet. The big surge is supposed to happen this evening, during high tide (and it's a full moon too!) where a 6-11ft surge of water is expected. So yeah...nervous!

I weather-stress-baked last night and made some apple spice muffins and a loaf of Green Monster bread. Nik and I are just trying to keep busy working today and anxiously looking out the window. Hopefully we don't lose power... Stay safe East Coast friends!

4 comments:

  1. That is a big surge!!! Stay safe, we're all thinking of you.

    xo
    kittee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you have some tasty muffins to salve your worries a little! Thinking about all of you East Coasters and hoping Sandy passes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that sounds a little scar Stay safe, wrap up warm and eat all of the muffins!

    ReplyDelete