Monday, October 15, 2012

VeganMOFO: Pear Frangipane Tart




I'm not a huge pear-lover, but I've been getting so many in my CSA lately, that a pie (or two or three!) needed to happen to take care of them. Along comes Vegan Pie in the Sky to the rescue! I went for the Pear Frangipane Tart, not expecting to super-love it, because of my meh feelings about pears, but I was totally wrong! Turns out pears are delicious when baked! And this pie is like whoaa. Nik feels the same way about pears and we were both really in love with this pie. Isa and Terry are awesome and put the recipe for this up on the PPK, for your own getting-rid-of-pears-pleasure! The custard-y-part of this pie is sooo damn good.

(my little sis got me this ceramic baking dish for Christmas last year and I'm in love with it!)

4 comments:

  1. This is the pie I have bookmarked for Fridays Pie Day post! I'm super excited about it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made that pie when the recipe went up on the PPK blog, loved it. Anything with almond extract is a winner in my book :) I made mini ones for added cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous pie, I think I need this book just for that pie! Love Little Pear and her snazzy red glasses :)

    ReplyDelete