Thursday, October 4, 2012

VeganMOFO: Regrowing Celery



I found this tutorial recently on how to regrow celery, that totally blew my mind. I mean, whoa! So I naturally had to try it. Mine are still little and cute, but growing more each day. I am not a huge celery-devourer, so this seems ideal for me, being able to just cut off a stalk or two as needed. Go celery, go!

And then I got two kinds of bok choy in my CSA last week, and the end stalks were so pretty that I had to save them and try to regrow them also. (I have no idea if this will actually work!) 

Send happy bok choy and celery growing vibes!


9 comments:

  1. You can do it with onions too! If ever buy green onions, just plant the ends and they are never ending!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I tried the green onion but they didn't turn green - just yellow. I think they need sun - who knew!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I have some organic celery in the fridge right now, I think I'll try this! I only ever use a bit at a time, also, and have ended up with slimy, forgotten celery too many times. This seems perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do this with green onions all the time! It's magical. (thanks pinterest!) I'll have to try the celery out next.

    By the way, my almost 4 year old is your biggest fan now. He asks to look at the "blog with the cute happy veggies!" constantly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that some plants can be grown so easily, I got some little basil cuttings recently and now they're in my garden growing. I hope yours do well!

    ReplyDelete