Tuesday, October 2, 2012

VeganMOFO: Simple Roasted Squash Soup








It's soup season, friends! Food made in the blender is one of my favorites. Super-simple and yummy. This takes a bit of prep time, wrestling the squash, but it makes a ton of leftovers to make your tummy happy for the next few days. I get a million squash and sweet potatoes this time of year from my CSA, so I make this a lot. Sometimes I add some curry spice and a bit of hot sauce in to give it a kick. But I'm a spice-wuss, so not too much. 

Ingredients:
4 Small Squash, cut in half
2 Medium Sweet Potatoes, sliced thin
1 Head Garlic, with ends cut off
Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
1 can of Coconut Milk (I used low-fat) 
Vegetable broth or water to thin

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. Brush the squash, sweet potatoes, and garlic with olive oil and salt/pepper. 
3. Roast until tender (approx. 30 minutes.)
4. Puree in batches, with added coconut milk and veg. broth/water. I try to keep it as thick as possible to go through blender, and then thin it further in saucepan.
5. In a large saucepan, stir until heated through. Taste for salt/pepper and thin to your desired consistency.
6. Devour.



14 comments:

  1. Duuuuuuuuude! Beyond adorable. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pics! so cute.

    I have a lil baby squash in my fridge right now. I've been trying to thinking of something cute to do with it, but he'll probably end up in a stir fry or some crap! Your soup sounds good. I love that it is soup season again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO AWESOME! and I really like the simpleness of the soup :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness that is so freaking cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grinning lots. And a delicious recipe to boot!Fantastic banner too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, LOVE this post! So very cute and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeeeeeee! I was giggling my way through all those photos, so adorable!

    And that soup looks like pure autumn (or fall)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks wonderful! These photos are the best thing to ever happen to Vegan Mofo, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that third photo is the best thing I've seen yet this MoFo. Squashes scared to be roasted. Perf!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh how cute! And the soup sounds so tasty too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are way to cute and fun!

    ReplyDelete