Tuesday, October 9, 2012

VeganMOFO: Sweet Potato Gnocchi




I've only made gnocchi one other time before, and it was a miserable soggy failure of sorts. But these! Beautiful little nuggets of yum!  I used the recipe for the sweet potato gnocchi from Chloe's Kitchen, but veered off-course from the recipe for the sauce (It was basically a sage + butter sauce, and I couldn't find fresh sage at the farmer's market.) I just added some dry spices and lots of fresh garlic to the melted Earth Balance, and threw in some zucchini, cherry tomatoes, and kale to up the health factor (as healthy as something can be, in a butter sauce!)  This was so so good. It made a ton too, so it was a meal for a few days (which also means, garlic breath for days!)

Totally an Autumn meal. It's been chilly for the last few days here and I LOVE IT SO MUCH. Seriously, summer-time in NYC is brutal and I am so excited to put on layers and hoodies and stripey socks and drink endless cups of hot tea. Autumn-4-evah.

11 comments:

  1. This picture is so lovely ad happy :)
    I am an autumn lover myself and I cannot wait to jump right into my stripy socks :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh this looks so yummy! Wish I was having that for dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, those look so good. I too once made them years ago and they were pretty much a disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never made gnocchi before as I'm a bit scared of the whole process. Kudos to you and they look so yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually was really easy! Definitely a bit time-consuming, but the process was pretty simple.

      Delete
  5. Hey life isn't life without a little garlic breath! These look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so inviting! I love gnocchi, but I hardly ever make it from scratch. I really need to get Chloe's cookbook. Everyone raves about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yum! love the idea of sweet potato gnocchi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks amazing! I tried to make gnocchi a few years ago & it was a disaster, I'm excited that there's hope out there!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that looks so perfect! I love Chloe's book and was eyeing off the gnocchi the other day but now you've convinced me I must make it and soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I linked to this post and included the photo in my post today. If you’d prefer I don’t include your photo on my blog, please let me know and I will take it down, pronto! http://inmyvegangarden.blogspot.com/2012/10/vegan-mofo-some-good-looking-stuff.html

    ReplyDelete