Monday, October 13, 2008

VeganMoFo Day 13-More sammiches in my life!




In an attempt to incorporate more sandwiches in my life, I bought a giant peasant loaf at the farmer's market on saturday and enjoyed some of it tonight. Next step: make my own bread.

Garden Tempeh Sammich:

1 package of tempeh, (prepare ahead of time: crumble into pan and cover with water. Let boil until all water is absorbed and crumbles have browned a little. Let fully cool-I put mine in the fridge while making the rest of the recipe)..

1 carrot-finely grated
1 radish-chopped tiny
3 scallions
some chives ( I didn't count them)
sea salt (to taste)
pepper (to taste)
1 tsp. Dill
3 tbs. vegan mayo

Good bread

Combine all ingredients (make sure tempeh is cool!) until well-mixed. Slather on yummy bread and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. that looks like a truly yummy sammich. i LOVE sammiches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when are sammiches a bad idea.....never....
    the points just keep racking up....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good. I want a sammich right this minute. I need one.

    ReplyDelete