Thursday, October 9, 2008

VeganMoFo Day 9: Brooklyn Bagels (are the best)





It's true, they are. Specifically the everything bagels with plain tofu or the cinnamon raisin with plain tofu from The Bagel Store on Graham Ave. and Metropolitan (they have another location on Bedford, but this one is FAR superior, in a friendlier and cleaner sort of way. I used to live by the other location!) I get one of these usually once or twice a week and it makes for a delicious morning! The rest of the days of the week I eat amaranth flakes with soy milk. I know, exciting. You can see why I look forward to bagel mornings!

I had today off of work, for Yom Kippur (a perk for working for a Jewish company), so I leisurely strolled to the bagel store this morning for breakfast and to grab some tea. I love how they COVER both sides of the everything bagels with the garlic, seeds, onions, etc., instead of only side, like most places. Another point for brooklyn!

4 comments:

  1. I'll take your word for it that Brooklyn bagels are quite good... but NOTHING can beat a true Montreal Bagel. Go to St. Viateur bakery if you are ever in Montreal. Absolutely amazing and unmatched by any other bagel attempt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just love bagels and tea...so this post makes me happy...i do miss vegan cream cheese though

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have not had a bagel in over 6 months because someone told me they have eggs in them. i recently found out that they do not always have eggs in them. however, bagels in WV are not too enticing (they're boring. the end.) so i've been planning on making my own soon! oh, how i wish i could just go to a bakery in NYC to have my very own everything bagel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss NY bagels with tofutti like none other. Oh the memories!

    ReplyDelete