Thursday, October 16, 2008

VeganMoFo Day 15-Roasted Calabasa Squash




I made a quick dinner tonight; throwing that beautiful Calabasa Squash in the oven to roast, seasoned with olive oil, sea salt, and pepper. I also baked some tofu (and made up a quick bbq sauce) and sauteed some greens with a pear, apple, and leek and a bit of lemon juice and ginger. The presidential debate (OMG my utter frustration and dislike of McCain becomes even more apparent every time he opens his mouth lately) and the season finale of Project Runway (yaay Leanne!) were what occupied most of my night, along with a few freelance projects.

By the way, that Calabasa Squash was AWESOME. It kinda tasted like a sweet potato. It was the first time I have ever seen one, so I just blindly bought it. It would have been really good mashed up with some Earth Balance. Total Thanksgiving side dish.

4 comments:

  1. that does look good. but i am a touch sad because i watched the debate instead of project runway (my visiting dad's idea) and totally didn't know leanne won! that's ok though, because i figured she would (love her). i need to watch the episode online!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allularpunk: Oh no! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to ruin it for you! You will still love the episode (and it's prolly all up on YouTube already also)!

    ReplyDelete