Thursday, October 13, 2011

VeganMoFo: Broccoli Dude




Broccoli Dude is for sale here
Medium: Watercolor on heavy Arches paper
Size: Approximately 5"x7" (image size is 4"x6")
Will fit in 5"x7" frame! Signed on back.
Note: I am doing a painting-a-day challenge for VeganMoFo, and will be creating a new painting of rescue animals or vegan food throughout the month of October, and placing them for sale. All proceeds (minus shipping) will be donated to For the Animals Sanctuary, because they are a pretty super-great non-profit animal rescue and sanctuary, in Blairstown NJ, and are vegan owned and operated. Feeding, housing, and taking care of these animals costs a lot of money, and as a non-profit organization, they rely entirely on donations. Hopefully (with your help!), I'll be able to make a size-able donation at the end of the month!  You can check out all the paintings I have created so far that are still for sale here! 



I've had a hankering for broccoli-cheddar soup ever since the leaves started falling off the trees here, and lo and behold I received a gigunda portion of broccoli in my CSA share last week.  It was meant to be!  For veggie soups, I like to roast or saute them with olive oil/salt/pepper first before I blend them all up.  I kept it broccoli basic, adding a couple of small potatoes to give the soup more body, and just lots of nooch, salt, pepper, and daiya cheddar to the mix.  Blended up until not smooth, but not gritty either.    I used the water from boiling the potatoes to thin it out. This was a quick weeknight meal, and I just tasted as I went until the flavors were YUM.  Totally made me want to pop my collar and dance like the 'lil broccoli dude up there.

5 comments:

  1. hahahaha! cute! but i prefer cauliflower. sorry Broccoli Dude!

    sydsense.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm yum, I've never tried broccoli soup but I love broccoli so I bet it's delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hooray for broccoli dude and doublehooray for broccoli-cheddar soup! i've never made any before and i love that 'cha added in potatoes to bulk it up and make it super delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool! I love your drawings! Broccoli Dude is my favourite. I make broccoli soup at least once a week when the weather gets really cold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The broccoli dude is so cool! And the soup looks delicious ♥

    ReplyDelete