Tuesday, October 25, 2011

VeganMoFo: Stuffed Mushrooms



Happy Mushrooms and Snail is for sale here
Medium: Watercolor on Arches paper
Size: Approximately 5"x7" (image size is 4"x6")
Will fit in 5"x7" frame! Signed on back.
Note: I am doing a painting-a-day challenge for VeganMoFo, and will be creating a new painting of rescue animals or vegan food throughout the month of October, and placing them for sale. All proceeds (minus shipping) will be donated to For the Animals Sanctuary, because they are a pretty super-great non-profit animal rescue and sanctuary, in Blairstown NJ, and are vegan owned and operated. Feeding, housing, and taking care of these animals costs a lot of money, and as a non-profit organization, they rely entirely on donations. Hopefully (with your help!), I'll be able to make a size-able donation at the end of the month!  You can check out all the paintings I have created so far that are still for sale here! 



The mushroom lady at my local farmer's market had some really nice (and huuuuge) crimini mushrooms last weekend that were practically begging to be stuffed.  So stuff I did.  I made the filling from the Seitan and Mushroom Empanadas, out of Viva Vegan, because I thought it would translate well into a stuffed mushroom (and into my tummy!), and because I had a dinner party full of omnivores to go to this Saturday, and it was a test run to see if I should bring the empanadas (I did!) Holy delicious!  It's the Kalamata olives that do it, I'm sure of it. It's a great unexpected salty twang that I just loved.  Also, I could eat stuffed mushrooms everyday. 



4 comments:

  1. Yummy looking stuffed mushrooms! I bought some local dried wild mushrooms today from the farmer's market, and I'm looking forward to experimenting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, michelle! love that adorable print, and stuffed mushrooms are the best! also, i nominated you for a Liebster Award. Check out the details in this post: http://awesomeveganrad.wordpress.com/2011/10/25/shucks/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stuffed mushroom looks perfect, I'll have to make some soon when my mushroom hating husband's not around for dinner!

    ReplyDelete