Monday, October 17, 2011

VeganMoFo: Cinnamon Roll Pancakes




Cinnamon, the Hamster is for sale here
Medium: Watercolor on heavy Arches paper
Size: Approximately 5"x7" (image size is 4"x6")
Will fit in 5"x7" frame! Signed on back.
Note: I am doing a painting-a-day challenge for VeganMoFo, and will be creating a new painting of rescue animals or vegan food throughout the month of October, and placing them for sale. All proceeds (minus shipping) will be donated to For the Animals Sanctuary, because they are a pretty super-great non-profit animal rescue and sanctuary, in Blairstown NJ, and are vegan owned and operated. Feeding, housing, and taking care of these animals costs a lot of money, and as a non-profit organization, they rely entirely on donations. Hopefully (with your help!), I'll be able to make a size-able donation at the end of the month!  You can check out all the paintings I have created so far that are still for sale here! 



So I was browsing around on Pinterest the other day (are you on there? be my friend!), and someone pinned these amaaaaazing and intriguing looking pumpkin cinnamon roll PANCAKES.  Yes, PANCAKES!  Obviously, they were put in the "need to make" category immediately.  They weren't vegan, but easily veganizable (new word?)  I just went for the straight-forward "cinnamon roll," instead of pumpkin cinnamon roll, and used the basic pancake recipe from Vegan with a Vengeance (same one is in Vegan Brunch.)  I mixed up some brown sugar + earth balance + cinnamon (as per the recipe foun on Pinterest) and piped a spiral onto each pancake right before I flipped it.  Totally magical!  There are even the crevices like a cinnamon roll!  The crunch of the brown sugar-cinnamon mixture makes these unbelievably delicious. I drizzled these with a little bit of maple cream that I had, and some maple syrup.  They even kinda rip apart like a cinnamon roll when you are eating them! Seriously, best pancakes ever. These are definitely going in the "make to impress" recipe box.







6 comments:

  1. Awww Cinnamon, the Hamster is such a cutie!!! :)

    And that pancake looks A-mazing!! And the way you described the crunchiness just killed me. I want some now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeek Cinnamon is cute and now I want pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pancakes look really really really good. Can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, stupid pinterest, absorbing all my time. these look incredible, yermm....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Cinnamon and the Hamster, so adorable!

    And those pancakes look amazingly good, what a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! How have I never thought of these?

    ReplyDelete