Saturday, October 1, 2011

VeganMofo Time!



Squee!  Brutus and Abbie, photo from For the Animals Sanctuary


It's time for VeganMofo again!  I'm super-excited to participate for my 3rd year in a row, and I'm doing something a little bit different this year.  Usually I will paint cute little food or animal paintings that go along with my daily meals or recipes (you can see some past examples here and here and here).  I'm still going to be doing this, BUT I decided to go a little bit further this year and put the paintings up for sale and give all the proceeds from this to a charity.  I've chosen to donate to For the Animals Sanctuary, because they are a pretty super-great non-profit animal rescue and sanctuary, in Blairstown NJ, and are vegan-owned.  Feeding, housing, and taking care of these animals costs a lot of money, and as a non-profit organization, they rely entirely on donations.  Hopefully (with your help!) I'll be able to make a sizeable donation at the end of the month!   I will be making original watercolor paintings of a mix of cute 'lil animals and my goofy food characters, and will be in the $25-45 range (depending on complexity, size, time it took, etc.)  I ran into a bit of a conundrum for this first day of mofo, since I'm actually in Washington D.C. at the moment, so the first painting will go up tomorrow (along with some tasty DC eats I've been enjoying) when I'm back home!  Excited!

Happy VeganMoFo!
xo,
Michelle


4 comments:

  1. Wonderful idea! Can't wait to read more of your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea, I remember reading about it on the PPK but then I forgot about it so I got to be surprised by your awesomeness twice! I can't wait to see what you paint each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so exciting! you rule, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a good idea and I plan on adopting one of your animal paintings!

    Also, I just went to your website for the first time, usually I go straight to your blog, and I LOVE the front page of your site. I spotted several new things I have to buy ;)

    ReplyDelete