Wednesday, October 26, 2011

VeganMoFo: Seitan and Mushroom Empanadas


Marvin the Hedgehog loves doughnuts and empanadas the best. 

Marvin is for sale here
Medium: Watercolor on Arches paper
Size: Approximately 5"x7" (image size is 4"x6")
Will fit in 5"x7" frame! Signed on back.
Note: I am doing a painting-a-day challenge for VeganMoFo, and will be creating a new painting of rescue animals or vegan food throughout the month of October, and placing them for sale. All proceeds (minus shipping) will be donated to For the Animals Sanctuary, because they are a pretty super-great non-profit animal rescue and sanctuary, in Blairstown NJ, and are vegan owned and operated. Feeding, housing, and taking care of these animals costs a lot of money, and as a non-profit organization, they rely entirely on donations. Hopefully (with your help!), I'll be able to make a size-able donation at the end of the month!  You can check out all the paintings I have created so far that are still for sale here! 



So that seitan and mushroom stuffing that I used for the stuffed mushrooms? SO GOOD.  Nik and I were invited to a Dominican-themed Birthday party last Saturday, in which I was the only vegan (or even vegetarian) in attendance.  I used this as a perfect excuse to make something I have never made before out of Viva Vegan, to bring with me, and empanadas won out (I have no clue why I have never made them before!)  I made them in mini version so that they were potluck-friendly and they were a hit!  Also, they're pretty!
 


3 comments:

  1. Delicious looking food and yet another cute painting! I love your MoFoing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your empanadas look perfect, they would be such a good pot luck meal.

    And Marvin is a cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lookit Marvin! What a sweetie! And you can't go wrong with empanadas. Nom!

    My print arrived today, just wanted to say thanks so much, it's gorgeous! Also, I may have had a bit of a squee on my blog about it ;D

    ReplyDelete