Monday, October 10, 2011

VeganMoFo: It's Soup time!



Meet Acorn, the floppy bunny.  She's a sweetie with a streak of mischief in her.  Watch your garden closely!

Acorn is for sale here
Medium: Watercolor on heavy Arches paper
Size: Approximately 5"x7" (image size is 4"x6")
Will fit in 5"x7" frame! Signed on back.
Note: I am doing a painting-a-day challenge for VeganMoFo, and will be creating a new painting of rescue animals or vegan food throughout the month of October, and placing them for sale. All proceeds (minus shipping) will be donated to For the Animals Sanctuary, because they are a pretty super-great non-profit animal rescue and sanctuary, in Blairstown NJ, and are vegan owned and operated. Feeding, housing, and taking care of these animals costs a lot of money, and as a non-profit organization, they rely entirely on donations. Hopefully (with your help!), I'll be able to make a size-able donation at the end of the month!


This was one of those use-up-old-veggies kind of soups.  I had some carrots, an acorn squash, a bunch of cloves of garlic, and an onion that I chopped up, drizzled in olive oil, salt, and pepper, and roasted in the oven for about 30 minutes on 400F or until tender.  I then threw them all in my blender with a can of coconut milk, and heated it up on the stove top until hot.  More salt/pepper to taste and a little bit of sriracha hot sauce for a kick and voila!  I liked the creaminess and thickness of this, but you could add some veggie broth or water to it thin out.


5 comments:

  1. Great soup combo, festive, and fall like! I'm partial to coconut milk in soups, myself. I got to spend some time with real live bunnies (not that adorable Acorn isn't) Saturday. Bunnies are so great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, the soup looks delicious - but I love the bunny photo! I've been begging my boyfriend to let me deck our bedroom out in rabbit paintings, but he says no. What a loser - I should probably find a new boyfriend, right? Juuuust kidding :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh that does look delicious and Acorn is soooo cute. I hope she finds a good home.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Acorn is adorable! I don't know whether to buy the one I want now or wait and possibly miss out!

    And the soup looks lovely too, like a big bowl of pure comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Acorn is so adorable! please come to my yard to play any time! ;)

    sydsense.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete