Tuesday, October 4, 2011

VeganMoFo Day 04: Soy and Sake



Veggie Sushi is the best.  One of my favorite vegan NYC restaurants is Soy and Sake, where their specialty is vegan sushi (plus a whole lot of other things).  I went out with a friend there recently, and we pretty much inhaled everything.   We ordered the Rock Shrimp Tempura as an appetizer (because it's my absolute favorite and I order it everytime I go there).  For my main course, I went for the Soy chicken tempura bento box (!! HUGE !!)  I definitely couldn't finish this, but hey, leftovers are awesome!  

Today's charity painting is a veggie themed one, because veggie sushi can be super-creative and impressive and I felt like saying HOORAY FOR VEGGIES.  

Happy Veggies painting for sale here.
Medium: Watercolor on heavy Arches paper
Size: Approximately 8"x8" (image size is 7"x7")
Will fit in 8"x8" frame! Signed on back.
Note: I am doing a painting-a-day challenge for VeganMoFo, and will be creating a new painting of rescue animals or vegan food throughout the month of October, and placing them for sale. All proceeds (minus shipping) will be donated to For the Animals Sanctuary, because they are a pretty super-great non-profit animal rescue and sanctuary, in Blairstown NJ, and are vegan owned and operated. Feeding, housing, and taking care of these animals costs a lot of money, and as a non-profit organization, they rely entirely on donations. Hopefully (with your help!), I'll be able to make a size-able donation at the end of the month!
The Rock Shrimp Tempura appetizer. Possibly my favorite appetizer of all time.

Soy Chicken and Veggie Tempura Bento box, with miso soup, california roll, edamame, dumplings, salad. YUM. 

8 comments:

  1. Oh that looks sooooooo scrummy. I've yet to try sushi.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time I am in the city I am going for that rock shrimp for sure! Thanks for a super post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! And enormous indeed!

    Though I'm not a vegan nor a vegetarian I also love sushi like that. I sometimes make my own with shiitake and ginger, so so good:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your Soy & Sake pic's look amazing. I really need to visit next time I'm in NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your cute veggie paintings! I think your charity painting project is totally awesome! And that sushi...wow, over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vegan sushi is the best and I love your vegetable painting too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol! super cute!!
    i still dont dare to eat sushi tho :(

    sydsense.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete