Wednesday, October 19, 2011

VeganMoFo: What bear doesn't love pie?



I want to say THANK YOU to everyone so far!  I donated $100 this morning to For the Animals Sanctuary, and I'm hoping to donate more at the end of the month.  Completely warms my heart.  This has been super-fun painting everyday too.  It's been awhile since I have regularly painted and I think I might want to stick with this habit after the month is over too.  Oh! And did you see there is a giveaway up today to win either two of my prints or some of Jeanette's amazing pottery??  Super-great!  

Bear with Pie is for sale here
Medium: Watercolor on Arches paper
Size: Approximately 5"x7" (image size is 4"x6")
Will fit in 5"x7" frame! Signed on back.
Note: I am doing a painting-a-day challenge for VeganMoFo, and will be creating a new painting of rescue animals or vegan food throughout the month of October, and placing them for sale. All proceeds (minus shipping) will be donated to For the Animals Sanctuary, because they are a pretty super-great non-profit animal rescue and sanctuary, in Blairstown NJ, and are vegan owned and operated. Feeding, housing, and taking care of these animals costs a lot of money, and as a non-profit organization, they rely entirely on donations. Hopefully (with your help!), I'll be able to make a size-able donation at the end of the month!  You can check out all the paintings I have created so far that are still for sale here! 


Lemon Mousse Pie
Now, onto some pie.  I'm pretty psyched for Isa and Terri's Pie book to come out!  I was a recipe tester for them, and having pie around all the time was downright awesome.   I posted some pies earlier, but here are a few more of my faves (Lemon Mousse wins for the all-time best pie in the world!)


Peanut Butter Brownie Cheesecake

Chocolate Hazelnut Tart


4 comments:

  1. That lemon mousse pie has to be mine!
    You're doing so well on your donations.
    *high fives*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really can't wait for the pie book, I think I'll have to make the lemon mousse pie immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pies look awesome, Michelle! And I am so happy that you've already been able to donate $100, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this little bear loves pie! *raises hand!* That lemon pie looks so rad... I LOVE lemony desserts so much.

    ReplyDelete