Friday, October 14, 2011

VeganMoFo: Mom Meals



Kitties are for sale here
Medium: Watercolor on heavy Arches paper
Size: Approximately 5"x7" (image size is 4"x6")
Will fit in 5"x7" frame! Signed on back.
Note: I am doing a painting-a-day challenge for VeganMoFo, and will be creating a new painting of rescue animals or vegan food throughout the month of October, and placing them for sale. All proceeds (minus shipping) will be donated to For the Animals Sanctuary, because they are a pretty super-great non-profit animal rescue and sanctuary, in Blairstown NJ, and are vegan owned and operated. Feeding, housing, and taking care of these animals costs a lot of money, and as a non-profit organization, they rely entirely on donations. Hopefully (with your help!), I'll be able to make a size-able donation at the end of the month!  You can check out all the paintings I have created so far that are still for sale here! 



Cooler weather usually makes me turn to comfort food, and in turn, that usually means Mom-food.  You know, the food you will forever associate with your Mom or other parent/guardian type and what they used to make all the time for you as a kid. Goulash is totally one of those type of Mom-meals for me, just some basic elbow pasta, tomato sauce, onions, some sort of ground protein (I used Gimme Lean Sausage Style), and cheese (I used Daiya Mozzarella).  Bake it in the oven and everyone's tummy is happy.  Nik has let me know me that there are different types of Goulash out there, and his memory of it is completely different from mine (German-style vs. Italian-style).  Who knew!  We totally disagree on what Goulash is, but this is always "Goulash" in my eyes, and most definitely a Mom-food. 

3 comments:

  1. Your goulash sounds so good right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kitties kitties :)))
    ahhh youre making me hungry! *off to the kitchen*

    sydsense.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh oh, now I want that painting as well!

    Your goulash looks so comforting, I'd love something like that for dinner.

    ReplyDelete