Sunday, October 2, 2011

VeganMoFo Day 02: Ollie


Add caption

Meet Ollie!  Ollie loves sitting in high places, sprawling in the afternoon sun, and just generally being a rascal.  He's a young kitty, but struts like a full-grown tiger and knows how to play the cute card to get attention.  Nachos and a good veggie burger (with actual veggies in it) are his fave.  If there are sweet potato fries around, he will come a'running.  Ollie wants to find a happy home with a super-great person who can also tell great jokes.

Adopt Ollie here!

***Details***
Medium: Watercolor on heavy Arches paper
Size: Approximately 8"x8" (image size is 7"x7")
Will fit in 8"x8" frame! Signed on back.


Note: I am doing a painting-a-day challenge for VeganMoFo, and will be creating a new painting of rescue animals or vegan food throughout the month of October, and placing them for sale.  All proceeds will be donated to For the Animals Sanctuary, because they are a super-great non-profit animal rescue and sanctuary, in Blairstown NJ, and are vegan owned and operated.  Feeding, housing, and taking care of these animals costs a lot of money, and as a non-profit organization, they rely entirely on donations.  Hopefully (with your help!), I'll be able to make a size-able donation at the end of the month!



I just got back from an extended weekend away in Washington D.C. and I'm still in vacation recovery mode, but I thought I would show one of my favorite meals I had there.  Nik and I went to Busboys and Poets our first night there, and we shared an epic vegan nacho platter, followed by a pretty gigunda veggie burger with sweet potato fries.  No, I couldn't finish it!  Darn if I tried though...

Both were delicious! The burger really reminded me of Campbells veggie soup (like, from the can), which was odd, but completely delicious.  The nacho platter was masterfully made, with alternating layers, so we weren't left with a pile of soggy chips at the end (win!)  I automatically order sweet potato fries whenever they are on a menu because they are my fave!  These didn't disappoint and were super crispy and sweet.   We had Thai food and pizza (they had Daiya mozzarella there!) the other two nights, but it was dark in both places, so no photos.   Super-yummy all around!

Vegan burger and SWEET POTATO FRIES from Busboys and Poets, in Washington D.C.

Epic vegan nachos from Busboys and Poets, in Washington D.C.





8 comments:

  1. Your paintings are so sweet and fun! What a great way to celebrate VeganMoFo! Thanks for all that you're doing for the animals! I hope Ollie finds a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those nachos look glorious! And I can never say no to sweet potato fries, either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your theme! And that kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your work. If I had money to burn I'd buy stock in Zoetrope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ollie is adorable! And both the burger and nachos are calling to me :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what the art you are doing to raise money for the sanctuary! Hmmmm. I wonder if adorable Ollie would get along with my other cat art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ollie is beautiful! And I am super craving sweet potato fries now!

    ReplyDelete