Thursday, October 27, 2011

VeganMoFo: Happy Sammiches



Happy Sandwich is for sale here
Medium: Watercolor on Arches paper
Size: Approximately 5"x7" (image size is 4"x6")
Will fit in 5"x7" frame! Signed on back.
Note: I am doing a painting-a-day challenge for VeganMoFo, and will be creating a new painting of rescue animals or vegan food throughout the month of October, and placing them for sale. All proceeds (minus shipping) will be donated to For the Animals Sanctuary, because they are a pretty super-great non-profit animal rescue and sanctuary, in Blairstown NJ, and are vegan owned and operated. Feeding, housing, and taking care of these animals costs a lot of money, and as a non-profit organization, they rely entirely on donations. Hopefully (with your help!), I'll be able to make a size-able donation at the end of the month!  You can check out all the paintings I have created so far that are still for sale here! 


Bean Nut Burger
Let's talk about sandwiches.  I'm obviously a fan (I mean, who isn't?) of the wonderful act of stuffing tasty morsels in some magical carb-y goodness.  So when Celine and Tami asked me to test for their upcoming Vegan Sandwich book, I did a little happy dance and got this sammich party started.  These ladies have come up with some of my new favorite spreads and creative flavor pairings for sandwiches to date.  Here are a few of the sandwiches that I tested, and if you are looking to find out more, search each of their super-amazing blogs for "sandwiches" for some photos and recipes that they have been teasing us with lately.

Croissants! mmm flaky goodness

French Tofu Salad on Croissants

Monte Christo


Peanut Butter Banana Bacon

Peanut Butter Brownie (whoa man)

Unfishwich

6 comments:

  1. Oh my! All of this food looks insanely good. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so crushing on that painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the happy sandwich! Also, I can't wait for that book to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, all of those sandwiches look AMAZING! I'd really like the tofu salad on a croissant as a late night snack right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All these sandwiches look delish! Can't wait to check out the book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should not have read this before breakfast! My oatmeal does NOT seem savory enough now. Also just stopping by to say that I check your blog/website often and love, love, LOVE your artwork. The colors alone cheer me up.

    ReplyDelete