Monday, October 5, 2009

VeganMoFo Day 5: Stuffed Potato Cakes



These were so easy ! I just boiled some potatoes and mashed them all up with sea salt and some herbs. I sauteed some kale and bok choy, that I needed to use up from my CSA, with some red onions and garlic for the filling. Make two flat 2" circles with the potatoes, spoon some filling in the center and seal another potato circle on top, dusting in a little flour after. Fry in a pan with some olive oil until golden brown on each side and wha-la! See, easy! I ate it with some spicy brown mustard a'la a knish, but this would be really yummy with some gravy. In fact, I want to make some with a mushroom filling and some gravy on top. These could also be cute little party appetizers if you made the smaller, in a more ball shape. Nom nom.


3 comments:

  1. I love everything with potatoes and that is such a cute illustration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is my kinda food! Fab illustration (I enjoy these so much)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am DEFINITELY making this, anything including fried potatoes is good with me. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete