Friday, October 2, 2009

VeganMoFo Day 2: Sushi Time!



I haven't made sushi in a long time and I've been getting lots of edamame in my CSA lately, so my thoughts have definitely been on some yummy sushi rolls. I have some homemade pickled beets, cucumbers, and garlic (which I will get to at a later post!) and I thought it might be a killer idea to make some pickled sushi rolls! Did not disappoint! The other roll was marinated tofu, avocado, red onion, and red pepper. A bit on the boring side compared to the pickled roll, but there is a reason classics are classics. That goo on the edamame is the sea salt dissolved, not...goo.



4 comments:

  1. oh yeah baby that looks delicious!!!
    never thought to put beets or tofu in sushi
    we always do carrots, cucumbers, avocadoes and mushrooms in some sort of combination!
    penney would love beet sushi ahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never made Sushi - yours looks amazing and I LOVE Endamame.
    Love the illustration.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pickled beet sushi is so pretty! I was wanting to make sushi today. Perhaps tomorrow or the next day : D

    ReplyDelete