Tuesday, October 6, 2009

VeganMoFo Day 6-Apple-Pear Bread




This is a childhood favorite bread, that my Mom used to make every summer, with the bounty from our white peach tree in the yard. I needed to use up the ridiculous amount of apples and pears that I have already started accumulating (seriously! Need to make a pie soon!), so I decided to substitute the peaches and make this lovely sweet bread.



Apple-Pear Bread (makes 2 loaves)

Ingredients:
5 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 TBS baking powder
2 tsp salt
6 TBS vegetable oil
2 1/2 cups soy milk
2 egg replacer (I used ener-g)
2 cups chopped apples and pears
2 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix dry ingredients together in a (very)large bowl. Add remaining wet ingredients and mix gently. Bake in two greased loaf pans at 350 F for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. This is a really, really moist bread, so I usually refrigerate it so it lasts longer!

3 comments: