Wednesday, October 14, 2009

VeganMoFo Day 14-Stirfry!




Boogie down veggie friends! Drawing-a-day is fun! And it keeps me on task for some reason, planning what to eat/post for VeganMoFo, but also plan how to illustrate it.

I made a stirfry the other day, 'cause I still had veggies from last week's CSA, along with the new. Overload! I also had these weird, large protein things from the asian market that needed to be used. They're like giant soy curls (too giant! they take forever to soak and I have to cut them down after cooking or they are too spongey. Quite yummy after all that!) I steamed most of the veggies and then added them with the sauteed onions and soy things before putting them over noodles.

5 comments:

  1. The soy things sound interesting. Do you know what they are called or a brand name so that I can look for some? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Radioactivegan: Sure! They were these: http://www.vegieworld.com/cart/product_pages.asp?id=237

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to your pictures just as much as your posts! Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your blog is so cute! everything looks delicious and i love your drawings. can't wait for more. I can see people looking over at me while i scroll through endless pages of past posts - i'm in the library at uni :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the drawing, and the stirfy looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete